My First Valentine Day Experience (Ours.Was A Perfect Love Story Worth Telling) | Love Story Today
HTML5 Icon

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

My First Valentine Day Experience (Ours.Was A Perfect Love Story Worth Telling)


Welcome


Share... ☂

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Google Plus


Soul meet Soul on a lover's Lips,you kissed me,it was my soul you kissed and not my lips.
 I experienced the beauty of Valentine day as a teen,back in my high school days.I attended same high school with my older sister,she was two classes ahead of me,I was in my JSS while she was almost ready to graduate.

Within my little circle of friends we discussed Valentine in low tones,at home I listened to my older sister discuss Valentine's day with so much excitement with my older brothers and  their  friends.
But I had to be careful so that my older siblings won't perceive the curiosity that had built up in me,I had no boyfriend, I was very young about 13 years old,I had friends of the opposite sex ,they talked about their  Valentine's day experiences,the excitement in everybody's tone and face heightened my curiosity, I wanted to experience what Valentine feels like, my older sister already told me I was too young for Valentine "it is for lovers,boyfriends and girlfriends, you are too young so forget about it'


I was sad but her words didn't stop me  from fantasizing.

We already finished morning assembly  that fateful day and I was on my desk in my classroom sketching and waiting for the English teacher to come in for  the English period when my older sister came into my class and signalled me to follow her,I walked up to her and she took my  right hand in hers and led the way to the school's cafe.

We got seated opposite each other and my sister brought out a big envelope, she opened it and brought out a beautiful embroidered handkerchief and a beautiful card.I sat looking at her.


She spread the handkerchief and I saw boldly written words in red colours with a heart emoji, the bold letters read "you are my Valentine", my sister opened the card and the written words read" Special moment for special people, you are the one my heart beats for , there's no better time to show you how much you mean to me than now,this day is for you and me to renew our love.. Happy Valentine's day my Love.... From your King "

"Who is your King?" my older sister asked me ,I was  as confused as she was, I didn't know any king nor do I even understand a thing of what was going on and I told her,

But the envelope had my full names written on it,it was sent through my school's postal code and delivered to my sister by the social prefect who  was apparently surprised at the size of the envelope, my older sister being my watch-dog had to be aware.

The search for the "King" began and lasted for 3 months,it was a harrowing three-months search, my sister involved my brothers and everybody was mad at me"So you have a boyfriend? " my brother the oldest of us asked me,I cried bitterly "You're encouraging guys at this age? we will deal with you severely" my immediate older brother said, I  eyed him and in anger asked "what's this one saying? " he enjoyed  making me cry  those  days.

Eventually the "King"  was Onyinye ,my childhood friend and eventually my first innocent boyfriend, Onyi was exceptionally unpredictable!!
Imagine him at 15 already talking Valentine and buying Valentine cards with such heavy words.

Ours was an innocent love, it was harmless, though a bit difficult, as we grew older our parent's found it hard to let us continue, my mum especially felt it was not safe letting me so close to onyinye,he grew rapidly and learnt boys things through his older brothers.


The search ended  with my brother's relieved it wasn't what they taught it was,Onyi confessed he was only being adventurous, he's the last child of my dad's bossom friend, I was  seriously cautioned by my older siblings and once again they took turn and educated me on  love and the risks in letting guys so close to me."when you are 18 maybe you'll understand better and you can make friends of the opposite sex,for now just be cordial friends with them" my older sister told me.

I was secretly excited and marveled at onyinye"s braveness, I hugged the card every night in the darkness of my bedroom,I memorized every  word on the  card, it was a Sweet feeling,I experienced Valentine finally, that was the beginning of  streams of Valentine experiences and messages I had with Onyinye and my friends & family.
I will be sharing some of them with you in subsequent blog Posts.

Did you  experience  Valentine  as a teen or you  have  stories  like  mine? Sweet,weird?feel free to share it on the comment section.
Show Omaleeblog love by Copying the Below link and Share on Social Media
Share :

Omaleeblog

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this piece in my teens I dare not talk to boy talk more of Valentine.
    This days children need sex education more than been over protective. I love this.

    ReplyDelete