Amanda Modise Told The Story Of Her Struggles With Depression | Love Story Today
HTML5 Icon

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Amanda Modise Told The Story Of Her Struggles With Depression


Welcome


Share... ☂

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Google Plus

What I am about to say will either help you or someone next  you, please do take your time to read this, I am about to unpack a bit of my university journey.

My name is Palesa Amanda Modise, I matriculated in 2014 at waterberg high school and yes I was one of the learners who couldnt wait to go to university, little did I know that there was so much to prepare for.

2015 January ,I got accepted at wits and I was excited because well it was one of   the well known universities in our country and world wide. The first mistake I made because of not knowing what to expect , was not applying for a bursary, I focused more on studying and passing than preparing for university Academic requirements, tuition and all,. Well  I got to university and the first thing they wanted was the registration fee which was a bit  task for my parents but they made things happen,

I'm grateful for that.  When I got to class language barrier played a huge role in getting to understand anything in class. Well I managed to get residence, but now they needed 20% before I could have a room, trust me it was one of the most heart breaking time of my life because i couldnt pay it immediately, I had to sleep at one of the tv rooms right at the residence, luckily it was during orientation week and meals were given to first year students. So now I couldnt attend well because I was busy fixing my residence issues " missing out on class"
Believe when I say I was applying for bursaries and nsfas included, nsfas did accept only in june and it paid about 40% of my fees.

I failed my 1st year, I remember telling my roommate who later on became one of my best friend that I dont mind failing as long as I'm not excluded because I tried my best and unfortunately my best was not good enough.

2016 I went back, and well I couldnt go back to residence because now my parents couldnt pay and i had to go look for accomodation, I remember I had to miss a whole month of school because I couldnt make it to school. But because I was repeating I was studying on my own with my previous material. I managed to pass that year. Still applying for bursaries yet no response.

2017 I went back to do my 2nd year and all I can say is it really went from good to the worst. Nothing was making sense, financially emotionally, some of the people know me as the girl who does braids yes I did that only because I need to patch up where my parents couldnt pay eg my rent, food and other basics.

I failed my 2nd year and I decided that I needed to come back home in limpopo because now, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in september. That was  when I knew that its either I am killing myself or I go back home,

I got back to the drawing board. I told my dad and luckily he agreed. I thank the lord for that, I thank him for giving me an understanding father, a father that knows how to comfort his children. I have been home for a year and I  have been accepted back  to the unviersity to study again.

 So I would like to encourage anyone out there who is struggling to take a time out when necessary. Mental health is important.
Show Omaleeblog love by Copying the Below link and Share on Social Media
Share :

Omaleeblog

1 comment:


  1. Michael Oraekih
    Mental health should be considered paramount importance in human lives. Once deactivated due to depression and mental stress, will cause lost of memory or mental imbalance

    ReplyDelete